2012 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo Preview
Greenbuild -the largest expo dedicated to green
building-will be held November 14-16 in San Francisco at the
Moscone Center. San Francisco marks an exciting new chapter for
• This year is the 11th year of Greenbuild.
• San Francisco is the perfect location to offer Greenbuild
tours where attendees can learn about the Bay Area's sustainable
buildings and neighborhoods.
• With more than 900,000 square feet of exhibition space the
Moscone Center offers plenty of room for the many events and
programs surrounding Greenbuild. Greenbuild 2012 Highlights
• This year's Greenbuild theme is @ Greenbuild that focuses on
bringing technology and sustainability together. Through the theme
@ Greenbuild professionals will find new ways to connect and
interact at the world's largest green building expo.
• New to Greenbuild this year are a series of apps and ways to
• A mobile app to search exhibitors and sessions
• An education app to download slides and take notes
• Wayfinders, an app to map your route to exhibitors and
• Greenbuild Connect, a new way to schedule your sessions
• More than 140 sessions have been approved for LEED CE
• The opening plenary will feature Mika Brzezinski and Joe
Scarborough, co-hosts of MSNBC's weekday morning show Morning Joe,
and Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
• The Master Series features a diverse line-up of professionals
including Candy Chang, artist, designer, and urban planner as well
as Philippe Cousteau Jr., a member of the legendary Cousteau
family, an explorer, entrepreneur and social advocate.
In addition the 140 continuing education sessions, there will be
27 LEED specific sessions, such as "LEED=Performance, Learning and
Feedback," as well as "LEED v4: Tools and Resources."
Greenbuild offers a number of interesting and educational
summits on a diverse array of topics including:
• National Affordable Green Homes & Sustainable
Communities Summit designed to continue to educate,
advance challenge and inspire those who are already involved in
providing affordable green housing and community development, as
well as engage those who are just being introduced to this
• Green Jobs Summit will provide a forum to
develop a shared plan of action to accelerate the creation of green
jobs in a clean energy economy.
• International Summit will feature
inspirational plenaries, engaging educational sessions, and
networking at the 6th Annual Greenbuild International Summit.
• Residential Summit is the 5th Annual
Greenbuild Residential Summit on how to continue to move the
residential market further and faster towards high performing,
• Legal Summit will bring together attorneys
working in sustainable real estate, construction and manufacturing
fields for networking and education.
• Codes Summit focuses on 2012 as a major year
for codes including the final stages of development for LEED v4, as
well as the introduction of the International Green Construction
Code and inclusion of Standard 189.1 as a design option.